We Ranked The Most Cliche Valentine's Day Gifts
Happy Valentine's Day, readers! In honor of this day of giving, we ranked the most common Valentine's Day gifts. Hopefully your significant other is able to think outside the box...
6. Teddy Bear - This definitely ranks last on the list. I will never understand the girls who see oversized teddy bears and gush about how much they need them. Why? What are you going to do with a teddy bear, really? I'll tell you - you will throw it on your bed or on a chair and it will disappear into the depths of your bedroom never to be seen again. Not worth it.
5. Chocolates - This is literally as unoriginal as it gets. Even worse if they come in a giant, red, heart-shaped box. Slightly better if they are good chocolates from a real chocolate store. And extra points if your S.O. gets something like chocolate covered strawberries. But still, they can do better.
4. Flowers - Flowers are nice. Everyone likes to have fresh flowers around their apartments or houses. And there are so many varieties. It's nice if your S.O. knows your favorite kind (James?). There's also something classically romantic about being given flowers. But... they will die in the end.
3. Jewelry - Unlike flowers, diamonds last forever (hint, hint). Kidding! I might be biased here because I'm really not a jewelry person. Jewelry is a pretty solid V-Day gift, but it's still not number one on our list. And if the jewelry happens to be accompanied by a proposal, even worse. Definitely the most cliche day to propse.
2. Lingerie - This is a gift for both of you, really. And who doesn't love a mutually beneficial gift? Lingereie is a win-win idea, really. Just avoid any Valentine's Day themed outfits so that it can be used year-round.
1. Wine - This is #1 on my list. I love a good bottle of wine. It's like "let's get black-out-drunk but it will be classy because it's wine and not vodka." But honestly, numbers 1 and 2 together is the best way to go. That is winning combination...